We currently have a job opening for a Middle School Math Teaching Position
East Bay School for Boys--an independent middle school for boys in Berkeley, CA--is looking for a full-time faculty member to teach Middle School Math for the 2017/2018 school year.
The ideal candidate:
- has experience teaching middle school or high school mathematics;
- can inspire in EBSB students a lifelong passion for problem solving, procedural math and numerical analysis;
- is passionate and knowledgeable about integrating mathematics and other subjects;
- is prepared to design innovative units in mathematics and is invested in the collaborative process;
- has the ability to weave current social issues and the themes of equity and social justice relevant to our students' lives into the curriculum;
- can perform mathematical inventories and implement appropriate differentiated curriculum;
- is familiar with common core mathematics for middle school, and is able to support students in preparation for competitive high school mathematics
- facilitates active, project-based learning and is willing to utilize design thinking and building as it relates to our Work program;
- has a strong and skillful approach to classroom management working with students from a variety of educational backgrounds and different learning styles;
- is open to being an adventurer and advisor (planning/attending field trips, teaching social/ emotional curriculum and engaging with our families and students to develop learning plans for each advisee); and
- is a team player, working collaboratively with our faculty and staff to model and embody our school's mission and vision;
- will also take on the role of advisor for a small group of students, and will do other duties as part of being a part of the faculty at EBSB.
EBSB faculty are passionate leaders and learners dedicated to creating a community with a shared goal of building capacity in all of our boys; of helping to develop each boy's cultural capital; of creating a safe, creative and exciting classroom and school environment; and of providing a stellar academic, physical and social/emotional experience for young men.
EBSB faculty play a significant part in creating the culture of the school. Their voices are important in finding and solving problems, in the design and implementation of the curriculum, and in creating innovative and sustainable programs. East Bay School for Boys recruits faculty from a variety of sources and seeks individuals who are well-suited to work with boys, who would enjoy a collaborative working environment, and who reflect the diversity within the school and of the East Bay. EBSB faculty explore together in collaboration to nurture an environment that fosters trust, collective purpose, communication, healthy conflict, and shared accountability.
East Bay School for Boys, an independent middle school (grades 6-8), is an academically challenging and active environment: built for boys and with boys. We provide opportunities for boys to design, build, nurture, and grow their world, empowering boys to affect, connect, reflect, and most importantly, love to learn. We also focus on the boys social and emotional experience by creating a space where boys have positive male role models and are taught how to, and encouraged to be, the great men of tomorrow: engaged, thoughtful, and courageous.
Interested candidates should submit a resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check us out online!! www.ebsfb.org