Poly Prep Country Day School seeks an inspiring, compassionate, and innovative Head of Upper School. The leader of our upper school will foster an environment that promotes learning, personal growth and character development in students, empowers faculty to be creative in improving curriculum and pedagogy, and makes school exciting, energizing, and enlightening. The Head of Upper School will report to the Assistant Head of School and Academic Dean, and embody most if not all of the following qualifications, experiences and traits:
- Strong educational credentials, including or working towards an advanced degree.
- Significant experience teaching and administrating at the upper school level.
- Extensive pedagogical knowledge for students ranging from grades nine through twelve.
- Experience as a leader of faculty, with practice in curriculum development, faculty observations, scheduling and guiding professional growth.
- Practice in work towards diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A collaborative nature with a willingness to be flexible, demonstrate a sense of humor and maintain a strong sense of community.
- Ability to balance the needs of the students, families and faculty.
- A willingness to embrace all aspects of the Upper School experience while keeping things in proper perspective.
Poly Prep strives to be an equitable, just, and diverse community; one proud of and deeply committed to empowering students to discover who they are and what they want to be. In keeping with the Country Day School philosophy, we seek community members who will share a passion for learning in and out of the classroom. Every educator at Poly Prep aspires to uphold our mission “to support and inspire the next diverse generation of leaders and global citizens to act with intelligence, imagination and––above all––character.”
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and names of three references to:
Assistant Head of School and Academic Dean
Poly Prep Country Day School
9216 7th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11228