Position available: School Counselor (K-8), full-time, beginning July, 2017.
Since 1964, Seattle Country Day School has been inspiring gifted children in grades K-8 to discover their potential through inquiry. Students are the center of a dynamic learning and discovery process. Experienced teachers focus on intellectual and character growth, attending to the social, ethical, and emotional needs of sensitive and capable students. Small classes generate curiosity and innovation through inquiry learning, and provide opportunities for collaborative experiences with a curriculum rich in mathematics, science, technology, humanities, and the arts.
Seattle Country Day School affirms that attracting, supporting, and embracing a diverse community is critical to fulfilling its mission of educating gifted students, and seeks diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds in its faculty in order to reflect the diversity inherent in a multicultural city and society. The school is committed to diversity among students, faculty, staff, and Board of Trustees, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical challenges.
- Reports to the Head of School. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Serve as a consultant to teachers, students, parents, outside professionals, and school administration to help address the social and emotional needs of students;
- Work directly with students and parents on counseling issues;
- Develop and coordinate student intervention plans with parents, faculty, administration, and outside professionals as needed;
- Crisis intervention with students;
- Teach Social and Emotional Learning lessons K-8;
- Provide professional counseling referrals to families;
- Other duties as requested by the Head of School.