Kindergarten Teacher 2017-18
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton (SHS) is seeking highly qualified candidates for a Kindergarten teacher (Montessori) for the 2017-2018 academic year beginning August 1, 2017.
Founded in 1898, Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton is an independent, coeducational Catholic school as interpreted and lived by the Society of the Sacred Heart (RSCJ). Our mission is to cultivate in our students a personal and active faith in God and to lay the foundation for a meaningful life. SHS is comprised of two divisions: SHS Preschool through Middle School (P-8), and Sacred Heart Preparatory (SHP) for grades nine through twelve.
Located on a beautiful 64acre campus in the San Francisco Bay Area, SHS is one of 23 schools in the U.S. Network of Sacred Heart Schools and is affiliated with a network of over 200 Sacred Heart schools worldwide. SHS employs over 300 full and parttime women and men with a strong commitment to diversity. Nearly 25% of the 1,000+ students are students of color; 30% of the student body receives needbased tuition assistance; many graduating seniors earn recognition in the National Merit Scholarship program; 100% of our graduates are accepted into fouryear colleges. For more information about our school please visit SHS Fast Facts
Summary of Position
Successful candidates will be able to teach kindergarten in the Montessori style. In addition to stellar teaching skills, an ideal candidate will possess a high level of emotional intelligence, a gentle and caring attitude and most important, a willingness to collaborate with a dynamic team of engaged educators. A healthy sense of humor is always a plus! For a complete job description please go to SHS Career Page and look under the Preschool/Kindergarten heading for the 2017-18 Kindergarten posting.
• Create a child-centered, responsive prepared environment filled with experiential learning materials using Montessori materials and other hands-on materials that are in line with Montessori philosophy.
• Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
• Encourage active, concrete, hands-on learning whenever possible.
• Focus on increasing each students' quantity and quality of self-directed activity.
• Collaborate with kindergarten team to create lesson plans.
• Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their child's progress, and to determine their priorities for their child and the child's resource needs.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
• BA degree required, Masters degree preferred
• A minimum of three years as a lead teacher; Montessori experience strongly preferred
• Understanding of Teachers College Reading and Writing Project preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to engage children in meaningful tasks and be a supportive co teacher.
• A clear commitment to the educational philosophy of the school as articulated in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Schools and professional behavior based in it.
• Fluency in reading, writing and speaking in English.
• Excellent verbal and written skills, as well as outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work well with students and colleagues; willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of the SHS community.
• Commitment to equity and inclusion.
• Willingness to adapt to an existing curriculum as well as contribute ideas to enhance the respective academic programs.
SHS offers competitive compensation and health and welfare benefits subject to plan parameters, including medical, dental, vision, Life & LTD, 403(b) retirement plan and more.
Please apply via email by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. You MUST indicate Kindergarten Teacher 2017-18 in the subject line of the email. Please do not contact the Schools by phone or by unscheduled visit. You may also choose to mail your materials to:
Sacred Heart Schools
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
Attention Human Resources: Kindergarten Teacher 2017-18
Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis and a preemployment background screening is required for all positions.
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws.
As a faith-based institution, we reserve the right to use religion as a criterion in hiring decisions, as permitted by law, as it relates to performing essential job duties.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency