The Agnes Irwin School, a PreK through 12 all-girls’ school in Rosemont, PA, is looking for an experienced Varsity Volleyball Coach, for the season beginning on August 21, 2017 and ending on November 21, 2017. This part-time, after school position will be responsible for developing the volleyball program and players, overseeing the Assistant Varsity and JV coaches, and working closely with the Middle School Coaches and Middle School Athletic Director to ensure program continuity.
• Coordinate practice sessions and training programs with an emphasis on athletic growth and development, as well as safety
• Attend all practices and games
• Promote a positive attitude, academic achievement, and personal growth
• Manage maintenance of all volleyball equipment
• Comply with all Agnes Irwin procedures and policies
• Assist student-athletes in the college recruiting process
• Supervise assistant coaches
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum two (2) years of experience coaching volleyball
• Experience teaching volleyball skills and strategies that apply to the skill level of the players
• Experience developing volleyball programs and players
• Experience leading/coordinating a team of coaches
• Evidenced ability to maintain and consistently exemplify the highest standards of professionalism, leadership, sportsmanship and respect
• Proven organizational and motivational skills
• Demonstrated abilities in communication and community relations
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work with students, staff, administration, and parents
• Professional dedication to athletic development and expertise in coaching
• Knowledge of appropriate safety measures to ensure the well being of players
• Experience working with an Athletic Trainer, ensuring student-athletes receive proper medical and physical training services
• CPR/First Aid certification
Candidates must apply using the following link to an online application:
Please do not use the NAIS "Apply Now" option, as The Agnes Irwin School only accepts applications submitted through the above referenced link.
The Agnes Irwin School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is actively recruiting candidates in accordance with diversity plans.