Educational Technology Support Specialist
About The College Preparatory School
Founded in 1960, College Prep is an independent coeducational secondary school created for intellectual risk-takers who want to pursue a purposeful education with kindred peers. Our mission is to prepare students for productive, ethical lives in college and beyond by fostering a stimulating education within an atmosphere of consideration, trust, and mutual responsibility. Our Technology Department is an energizing place to work and grow professionally and our technology program, including the 1-to-1 laptop program and Xlab (Makerspace), plays an essential role in supporting our mission and enhancing the teaching and learning landscape at College Prep.
Educational Technology Support Specialist Role
We seek an energetic full-?time Educational Technology Support Specialist to support students, faculty, and staff in the integration of laptops and other powerful tools into their work and studies. The Educational Technology Support Specialist works closely with the Director of Technology Operations and the Director of Educational Technology & Innovation to ensure the smooth and successful use of technology in all school programs.
The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational, communication, computer, and people skills, as well as an enthusiasm for independent school education. S/he also will demonstrate initiative, curiosity, flexibility, independence, patience, and a good sense of humor.
Educational Technology Support Specialist Responsibilities
- Providing end-?user help desk support for over 400 students, teachers, and staff.
- Creating and updating online support tips, directions, tutorials, and
- Diagnosing and repairing hardware and software
- Facilitating repairs with third party vendors and monitoring warranty
- Supporting users with Google Apps for Education and other supportive
- Troubleshooting classroom AV technology
- Providing multimedia set-?up for special events.
- Assisting in network connection
Technology Mentoring & Training:
- Supporting teachers and students with multimedia projects both in and out of
- Developing and teaching digital skills.
- Collaborating with the Xlab (Makerspace) Advisory
- Leading student laptop orientation
- Proactively advising the school community of laptop and software-?related issues.
- Fostering a culture of empowered self-?help and troubleshooting.
- Assisting with training of students related to digital tools and
- Staying current with emerging trends and best practices in educational
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining Mac OS and Windows desktops and laptops, iPads, other peripherals, software, network services, and campus technology systems, including printers and AV
- Maintaining accurate databases of hardware inventory, hardware maintenance, and software installation.
- Managing equipment checkout system, including loaner equipment, cameras, audio systems, and other
- Processing new devices and distributing them to end-?users.
- Documenting installation and configuration
- Helping to evolve and maintain collaborative and innovative lab
- Creating/updating software images for school
- Assisting with programs that further the growth of the school technology
- Arranging for donation, sale, or recycling of older
- Attending department meetings and faculty/staff
- Representing the Technology Department at school
- Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT) (Preferred, but not required.)
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Highly proficient with Apple OS 8+, iOS, Windows 8, iWork, iLife, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Apps for Education, and Microsoft Office.
- Detail-?oriented, organized, collaborative, proactive team-?player who is also willing/able to take the initiative on
- Ability to prioritize and work well in a fast-?paced environment.
- Ability to climb a ladder to service classroom projectors and similar
- Must be physically able to lift up to 30 pounds
Compensation: The salary and benefits for this position are competitive and include health, dental, and life insurance coverage, and a daily prepared lunch for Faculty/Staff.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Edwin Kirimi, Director of Technology Operations. Email: email@example.com. Please include your full name and “Educational Technology Support Specialist, Spring 2017” in the subject line. Do not send a fax or paper copy. For more information about our school, visit our website at www.college-prep.org.
College Prep, as an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in its hiring of employees, on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship, marital or veteran status, age, disability, or any other protected characteristic. We actively seek diversity among faculty and administration as well as among students, and we encourage applications from candidates of underrepresented backgrounds.