Andrews Osborne Academy Lower School and Middle School is seeking an experienced Art Teacher. The position will be a ¾ time position, fully eligible for benefits.
The Art Teacher will be responsible for developing in each student an interest in and ability for creative expression in visual terms and for discovering and developing the talents of students in the field of art. The successful candidate must possess the interest and energy to thrive within a lively workplace, a genuine love of working with children, a sense of humor and the ability to work in a highly collaborative and collegial environment, as well as, be comfortable incorporating the use of various technologies to support student learning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Key duties for faculty members include classroom instruction; effective communication with students, parents and colleagues; active participation in the work of the department and division on curriculum and pedagogy
The art teacher will:
- Display flexibility, optimism, creativity, high expectations, and a growth mindset
- Teach knowledge and skills in art, including drawing, painting, multi-media, and art history
- Provide instruction where students develop aesthetic concepts and appreciations and the ability to make qualitative judgements about art
- Manage the purchasing of classroom art supplies and the classroom budgets (field trip/activities)
- Participate enthusiastically in the school community outside the classroom
- Develop positive working relationships with colleagues, students and families
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director and Head of School
- Must love working with and have a deep understanding of the developmental needs of elementary aged children
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum
- Elementary/Middle School art teaching experience preferable at an Independent School
- References should speak to an applicant’s ability to be a dynamic teacher, to be professional, creative, and innovative in the implementation of school programming
Email a letter of interest, statement of educational philosophy, contact information of three references and an updated resume to:
Lower School Director
38588 Mentor Ave.
Willoughby, Ohio 44094
No phone inquiries please