Abington Friends School (AFS) is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day school for students age three through grade twelve. AFS provides an exceptional program informed by traditional Quaker values and testimonies. Rooted in Friends principles of collaborative inquiry, peaceful resolution of conflict, equality, community and integrity, AFS is a vibrant and diverse learning community.
The Director of Annual Fund (Director) is charged with ensuring continued Annual Fund success via overall campaign design and management. He/She is responsible for directing the day-to-day operations of an effective, comprehensive annual fund program, inclusive of related events, communications and volunteer recruitment and training. The Director will partner with volunteers, trustees and the Institutional Advancement team to develop and implement strategies and programs to expand the school’s philanthropic reach; identify, cultivate, solicit and steward annual gifts from all constituencies (alumni, current and alumni parents, grandparents, School Committee, faculty and staff, students) using personal and phone solicitations, direct mail, and electronic communication. The Director of Annual Fund reports to the Assistant Head of School for Institutional Advancement.
The Director of Annual Fund will work to institutionalize Annual Fund success and grow a robust giving program.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement a strategic plan of action with objectives, timelines, annual work plans and evaluation metrics to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward constituents.
- Develop strategies to grow leadership giving within the Annual Fund.
- Conduct regular face-to-face visits with prospects for the purpose of cultivating and soliciting annual gifts and advancing the School's relationship with the donor.
- Work closely with the Director of Major Giving to coordinate leadership solicitations.
- Recruit, organize, train, motivate, and support volunteers for assigned annual giving programs. Manage volunteer tasks, assignments and prospects.
- Provide manuals, procedures, reports, and other support, as appropriate, to ensure success of volunteer leadership.
- Helping to conceptualize, draft and design Annual Fund appeals.
- Work with the Director of Alumni Engagement and Special Events to assist the planning and execution of alumni events, including Reunion, Homecoming. Travel, as needed, on behalf of the school for events and meetings with volunteers and donors.
- Work with the Director of Parent Engagement to elicit parent support and involvement with the Annual Fund.
- Coordinate Annual Fund communications in concert with the Directors of Marketing and Communication.
- Ensure accurate and complete giving records in Raiser’s Edge database.
- Devise and execute appropriate stewardship of Annual Fund Donors.
- Assist the Assistant Head of School for Institutional Advancement with projects and events as needed.
Abington Friends School is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.