Island School (ischool.org) seeks a Athletic Director with a commitment to private education in an college preparatory environment. This is a 10-month, full time position and reports to the Head of School.
Responsibilities will include developing, implementing, and managing the school’s Athletic Department. Essential functions include:
- Acts as consultant to the administration and coaching staff.
- Is responsible for ordering and purchasing all uniforms and/or equipment and accessories for teams..
- Works with Head of School to recruit coaches and make coaching assignments.
- Works with coaches to insure that all athletes have the necessary health forms completed and on file.
- Meets with all head coaches at the beginning of the season to review policies, guidelines, and expectations. Meet with all head coaches during the season to review progress conduct meetings as needed to keep them informed pertaining to their coaching, school schedules, and the athletic program. Conducts formal evaluations of coaches and review with coaches.
- To organize regular information information on the various programs for public recognition of athletic achievements through school web site and local newspaper.
- Conducts individual reviews with all coaches.
- Oversees all the athletic facilities; schedules practice use; recommends maintenance and repairs, prepare fields, ensures all equipment is organized, and maintain inventory.
- Works closely with the Booster Club and functions as liaison between all coaches and Booster Club.
- Develops, supervises and coordinates the budget for the athletic department.
- Represent IS in all athletic business conducted at the Island and HHSAA levels.
- Develops and distributes eligibility rosters for all sports.
- Functions as liaison between the schools athletic and academic programs: distributes rosters, schedules, itinerary, and eligibility.
- Communicates with parents to support overall athletic goals and philosophy of IS.
- Promotes PK-12 pride in athletics.
- Plans, organizes, and supervises all athletic awards programs.
- Maintains sports records.
Island School, an Independent college preparatory day school for students in pre-kindergarten through grade 12. It is located on the island of Kaua'i, the northernmost inhabited island of the Hawaiian Island chain, which, due to its stunning natural beauty, is known as the "Garden Island."
Applications should be directed to L. Shannon Graves, Head of School. Please include a letter of introduction, a résumé, and at least three professional references. We will begin reviewing applications immediately and will close application when the position is filled.
Information may be emailed to: Head of School