Gill St. Bernard’s School, an independent, nonsectarian, college preparatory day school for students from Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12, in Gladstone, New Jersey, announces a search for a full-time Director of Technology beginning July, 2017. The Director of Technology reports to the Head of School and is a member of the Administrative Team. This position oversees the technology decision-making for the school. Decisions about networked hardware, budgetary allocations, key software and website systems and the Acceptable Use Policy are guided by the Director of Technology. The Director also supervises department personnel, leads the school's Technology Committee and works with the school's leadership to insure technology on campus forwards the school's mission and strategic plan.
Applicants should possess a masters degree and significant relevant experience. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and team building skills, experience in a school leadership position, superior management and organization skills and a sense of humor. Familiarity with the following systems is a plus: Blackbaud, Cisco Unity, Barracuda, Honeywell Instant Alert, Pickatime, and Accelerated Reader.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide oversight and organization to the Technology Department's daily operations.
- Analyze and make recommendations regarding GSB's technology infrastructure and systems.
- Chair the school's Technology Committee which provides input and guidance to technology initiatives.
- Oversee and/or participate in negotiations with regard to vendors, outsourced work, consultants, etc. for service agreements.
- Manage Department staffing including recruitment, supervision, scheduling and professional development.
- Recruit and train a student IT group to provide technology support for other students
- Create and implement faculty training programs that address hardware and software usage.
- Promote appropriate educational technology use with the goals that classroom instruction is enhanced and learning is deepened.
- Work with division directors so that technology can most fully support the curricular and co-curricular needs of the school.
- Help manage key websites utilized by the GSB community (e.g.: gsbschool.org, KnightSite, Instant Alert, Office 365, Pickatime, Accelerated Reader & Destiny).
Please email or send cover letter, resume and a list of references to: Josie Muench, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com