- Be prepared to develop and execute classroom lessons, assign relevant coursework, create and administer tests and evaluate student performance
- Expected to teach a wide range of topics and employ a variety of methodologies in facilitating student writing and speaking
- Daily classroom instruction; including planning and teaching a challenging course of study in a developmentally appropriate manner, with experience in differentiating instruction
- Ongoing communication and conferencing with parents
- Conferencing with students and colleagues as required
- Active participation in the curricular improvement of the department
- Expected to be fully integrated into the life of the school having additional and appropriate extra-curricular responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree in a relevant field preferred
- Several years of experience teaching Social Studies in high school, middle school, or both
- Have broad knowledge and experience with current best practices in curriculum and instruction
- Being a positive and contributing member of the professional community
Salary and Benefits:
Francis Parker School is committed to attracting and retaining the highest quality faculty and staff through a substantial compensation plan, including competitive salary, TIAA-CREF retirement benefits and full medical/dental coverage. Individual salary is negotiable depending on years of experience and educational background.
Francis Parker School values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
A cover letter, resume, and transcripts should be submitted electronically to:
Please indicate which position you are applying for in the subject line.