The French Teacher will be responsible for instruction in French in the Middle School (grades 5 through 8) in accordance with the content and objectives of the curriculum prescribed by the World Languages Department. The successful candidate will not only be highly proficient in the language but will evidence knowledge of the developmental level of Middle School students and their needs.Candidates should demonstrate enthusiasm for working with students of this age range and encourage them to grow in their proficiency in the language. This teacher will supervise students in academic classes and will also supervise students in numerous extra- and co-curricular activities of the school. This teacher will demonstrate a commitment to the well-being of all Porter Gaud students and to the best interests of the school as a whole.
- Possess the ability to instruct students in French from the 5th grade through the 8th grade and beyond in accordance with curriculum requirements and objectives, making effective use of technology, textbooks, and other instructional materials as appropriate.
- Establish and actively maintain a class environment where excellence in learning is honored and where respectful interactions between and among students are valued.
- Work with students to develop a love of learning, a sense of academic integrity, and a thoughtful work ethic.
- Inspire a love of and appreciation for languages and diverse cultures in our students.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and assessments, which address multiple learning styles.
- Participate as an active team member within the World Languages Department and the school community as a whole.
- Appreciates and enjoys interacting with middle school students and partnering with families in their student's academic development.
- Shows evidence of organization, self-motivation, and punctuality.
- Shows evidence of effective communication and interaction with all constituencies within the school.
- Shows evidence of a willingness to contribute to the life of an independent school community.
The French teacher will report directly to the Head of Middle School and will take direction from the World Languages Department Chair.
Commensurate with experience.
Please choose one method of application.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail cover letter and resume to:
Middle School French Teacher Position
300 Albemarle Road
Charleston, South Carolina 29407
Porter-Gaud School is committed to increasing the racial, ethnic, and religious diversity of our faculty and staff. The School welcomes applicants who would bring additional dimensions to the School's teaching mission. In accordance with law, Porter-Gaud School is an equal opportunity employer and hires without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender, age, or disability.