Reports to: Director of External Relations
Position Type: Full-Time; Exempt
Established in 1920, Bentley School is a K-12 coeducational, independent day school located on two campuses in Oakland and Lafayette. Bentley is an inclusive community that shares a vision of transformational learning and respect for the individual. Bentley seeks an experienced Associate Director of Communications for this newly created position. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the planning, execution, and evaluation of print and digital communications and publications to parents, faculty, trustees, prospective families, alumni and donors, and the public. The Associate Director reports to the Director of External Relations and is an active member of a highly collaborative team that includes the Director of External Relations, Director of Advancement, Director of Alumni Relations and Special Events, Webmaster and Photographer, Associate Director of Development, and Database and Administrative Manager.
- Collaborate with Director of External Relations, Advancement, and Admissions teams to create targeted digital and print communications, including advertising, that expand relationships with all constituencies: students, faculty, parents, alumni, parents of alumni, prospective families, the media, and the wider community.
- Author and deliver School stories and alumni profiles across digital and print channels.
- Coordinate the design and management of the School’s website and social media platforms to ensure consistency and updated information.
- Review outgoing letters or other materials as needed for consistency of language, grammar, and messaging.
- Monitor analytics for measurable communications and provide ongoing analysis and evaluation to grow audience and outreach.
- Ensure all Bentley communications adhere to the Style Guide and update the Style Guide annually/as needed.
- Lead annual inventory and ordering of schoolwide stationery needs.
- Lend communications and other support needed for Advancement-related events.
- Commitment to education and Bentley’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred but not required.
- Minimum of three years of experience developing and directing communications, preferably in an education or nonprofit setting.
- Superior written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across a team and community.
-Proven ability to successfully plan and implement multi-channel (print and digital) communications for multiple audiences.
- Self-directed, intrinsically motivated, positive, and professional work style.
- Flexible, responsive, highly detail-oriented communicator with facility in technology, writing, and design.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
Bentley is an equal opportunity employer and seeks rich diversity among faculty and administration. The School offers competitive compensation and benefits. Please email letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.