The Database Manager oversees all data at the School, including the website and all other administrative systems, such as admissions, student records, and college counseling and also oversees all administrative data flows among offices. The database manager reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Responsible for all data flowing into and out of Groton’s Blackbaud database.
- Develop and run all interfaces including InResonance, Naviance, BBConnect and Book Vendor, Re-enrollment, Conference Signup, Office 365, Google Apps for Education, School Forms Online and other systems as needed.
- Support, train users accessing IT Helpdesk database and maintain user access, support ticket queries, and reporting.
- In conjunction with CTO, develop and maintain budget database for yearly submission and month to month tracking.
- Support Academic Dean and Registrar to establish and maintain accurate yearly schedule, report card and transcript production, enrollment of students in academic classes, and ebook distribution with book vendor.
- Serve as liaison between Blackbaud vendor and Faculty and Staff including demos of modules not adopted within the community, and reporting software issues to vendor and tracking their resolution.
- Design, develop and implement custom solutions to unique Faculty and Staff requirements
- Assist College Counseling with updates to Naviance system.
- Design and develop application protocol interfaces with other third party systems
- Input student, parent, faculty, and staff information (including enrolling and withdrawing faculty and staff) and maintain constituent address, phone and email information.
- Manage user access.
- Assist current constituents with password issues
- Develop and run audit reports to ensure data integrity.
- Work with other Administrative offices, to increase efficiencies and provide training on developing queries to better utilize the data and systems in place.
- Actively participate in department meetings and other meetings as necessary
Groton is an equal opportunity employer.