Reports to: Director of Advancement
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Established in 1920, Bentley School is a K-12 coeducational, independent day school located on two campuses in Oakland and Lafayette. Bentley is an inclusive community that shares a vision of transformational learning and respect for the individual. Bentley School seeks a qualified Database Manager in its Advancement Office. This position will provide support and direction for the school’s development database and serve as a key support for the Annual Fund as well as other fundraising initiatives in the Advancement Department.
The ideal candidate will have strong problem-solving and organizational skills, the ability to meet deadlines independently and work collaboratively with colleagues, and a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. The candidate will also understand, appreciate, and be able to implement database design that will be leveraged to support project and organizational goals. The ideal candidate will support Annual Fund and other fundraising events with the ability to uphold the highest standards of work including handling sensitive, confidential donor information.
- Maintains Raiser’s Edge database to ensure accurate, updated, and relevant information
- Processes, records, and acknowledges all gifts, pledges and pledge payments
- Produces lists, queries and reports from Raiser’s Edge for fundraising initiatives
- Generates monthly and annual metrics to track fundraising progress
- Help organize Annual Fund campaign, including providing training materials, producing and updating solicitation lists and reports
- Provides support to the Director and Associate Director of Advancement in prospect research, donor tracking, information management, reporting, and special events
- Creates, updates, and maintains guidelines and procedures for gift entry, coding, and acknowledgments
- Stays informed of Raiser’s Edge NXT functionality and best practices to guide process improvement
- Performs other duties, as needed
- Provide support for donor cultivation and stewardship events including Annual Fund volunteer appreciation luncheon, Annual Leadership Thank You Receptions, and other fundraising events as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge database preferred, or experience with a similar database
- Superior accuracy and attention to detail essential
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices, ideally in an independent school context
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Word processing and spreadsheet skills, including the ability to teach others
Bentley is an equal opportunity employer and seeks rich diversity among faculty and administration. The School offers competitive compensation and benefits. Please email letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.