DEAN OF FACULTY AND INNOVATION
Collingwood School is a coeducational day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC. Our purpose is to teach, model, inspire and encourage our students, ultimately preparing them to become successful global citizens. With an innovative, evolving approach to teaching, the totality of our curriculum provides students with a wealth of diverse, meaningful and transformative educational experiences.
The Dean of Faculty and Innovation will be the curricular leader of Collingwood School. He/she will be responsible for shaping the vision for our JK-12 academic program in a way that is aligned with the future of education and the strategic plan.
- Member of the Cabinet and therefore responsible for the successful implementation of the strategic plan
- Responsible for shaping the vision for our JK-12 academic program in a way that is aligned with the Headmaster’s vision, the strategic plan, and the future of education
- Responsible for ensuring that the Faculty are kept abreast of current and cutting edge teaching pedagogy
- Oversees the Faculty evaluation process with Deputy Head
- Oversees hiring and support
- Oversees Faculty professional development
- Curriculum innovation (Tasked with piloting On-line learning and interdisciplinary teaching)
- Co-“Time-Master” with the Deputy Head leading the process for re-envisioning how we utilize our time (daily, weekly, and yearly calendars)
- Oversees Director of Educational Technology (future hire)
- Oversees Academic Director/Director of Summer Institute
ACADEMIC / EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Significant teaching experience
- A distinct educational philosophy
- A Masters or PhD is preferred, but not required
- Trustworthy, kind, and decisive
- Able to create vision and also embrace the minutiae
- Takes the initiative
- A problem solver
- Anticipate issues, opportunities, and challenges
- Loves a good debate
- Is a skilled writer
- Is skilled at planning, leading, and inspiring
- Is excited about thinking outside of the box
- Is patient but also works with a sense of healthy urgency
OUR “MUST HAVES”
- Loves children
- Proven work ethic
- High integrity
- Desire to excel and succeed
- Passionate about taking the initiative to solve problems
- Actively live and breathe the school culture and lifestyle
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
- Self motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
Please send cover letter and a letter of reference to Mary Beauchamp at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 10, 2017.
Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.