DEAN OF STUDENT LIFE AND LEADERSHIP
Collingwood School is a coeducational day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC. Our purpose is to teach, model, inspire and encourage our students, ultimately preparing them to become successful global citizens. With an innovative, evolving approach to teaching, the totality of our curriculum provides students with a wealth of diverse, meaningful and transformative educational experiences.
The Dean of Student Life and Leadership is responsible for creating and leading all JK-12 student programs in the areas of leadership, service, and creativity.
The Dean of Student Life and Leadership reports to the Headmaster as a member of the Cabinet and has specific responsibilities for the following:
- Create robust Student Programs for Grades JK-12 focused on leadership and creativity.
- Create a “design and creation” institute for Grades JK-12
- Support the Heads of Morven and Wentworth with complex student discipline cases
- Create a robust and world-class JK-12 service learning program that takes advantage of local, national, and international opportunities.
- Chairs Red Flag Committee
- Oversees Round Square Committee
- Oversees (JK-12) Service Coordinators
- Oversees the Heads of House
- Oversees JK-12 Counsellors
- Oversees Health Staff
ACADEMIC / EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Significant teaching experience
- A distinct educational philosophy
- A Masters or PhD is preferred
- Trustworthy, kind, and decisive
- Able to create vision and also embrace the minutiae
- Takes the initiative
- A problem solver
- Anticipate issues, opportunities, and challenges
- Loves a good debate
- Is skilled at planning, leading, and inspiring
- Is excited about thinking outside of the box
- Is patient but also works with a sense of healthy urgency
OUR “MUST HAVES”
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
• Desire to excel and succeed
• Actively live and breathe the school culture and lifestyle
• Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
• Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
• Self motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
• Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
Please send cover letter and a letter of reference to Mary Beauchamp at email@example.com by February 10, 2017.
Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.