DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
Collingwood School is a coeducational day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC. Our purpose is to teach, model, inspire and encourage our students, ultimately preparing them to become successful global citizens. With an innovative, evolving approach to teaching, the totality of our curriculum provides students with a wealth of diverse, meaningful and transformative educational experiences.
The Director of Communications will be responsible for telling the story of Collingwood School in a compelling, current, and distinctive manner.
Oversees the Communications Team and is responsible for:
- Internal and external marketing
- Admissions and Enrollment materials
- Signage, Invitations, and other projects
ACADEMIC / EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Significant teaching experience
- A distinct educational philosophy
- A Masters or PhD is preferred
- Trustworthy, kind, and decisive
- Able to create vision and also embrace the minutiae
- Takes the initiative
- A problem solver
- Anticipate issues, opportunities, and challenges
- Loves a good debate
- Is skilled at planning, leading, and inspiring
- Is excited about thinking outside of the box
- Is patient but also works with a sense of healthy urgency
OUR “MUST HAVES”
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
• Desire to excel and succeed
• Actively live and breathe the school culture and lifestyle
• Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
• Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
• Self motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
• Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
Please send cover letter and a letter of reference to Mary Beauchamp at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 10, 2017.
Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.