DIRECTOR OF SERVICE
Collingwood School is a coeducational day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC. Our purpose is to teach, model, inspire and encourage our students, ultimately preparing them to become successful global citizens. With an innovative, evolving approach to teaching, the totality of our curriculum provides students with a wealth of diverse, meaningful and transformative educational experiences.
The Director of Service will be responsible for building and leading a meaningful, robust, and transformative service program for our JK-12 school community that positively impacts everyone involved.
This role oversees everyone involved with any service learning program or activity.
To build the best service program in Canada in a way that is consistent with Collingwood’s mission.
ACADEMIC / EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Significant teaching experience
- A distinct educational philosophy
- A Masters or PhD is preferred
- Trustworthy, kind, and decisive
- Able to create vision and also embrace the minutiae
- Takes the initiative
- A problem solver
- Anticipate issues, opportunities, and challenges
- Loves a good debate
- Is skilled at planning, leading, and inspiring
- Is excited about thinking outside of the box
- Is patient but also works with a sense of healthy urgency
OUR “MUST HAVES”
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
• Desire to excel and succeed
• Actively live and breathe the school culture and lifestyle
• Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
• Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
• Self motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
• Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
Please send cover letter and a letter of reference to Mary Beauchamp at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 10, 2017.
Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.