HEAD OF WENTWORTH
Collingwood School is a coeducational day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC. Our purpose is to teach, model, inspire and encourage our students, ultimately preparing them to become successful global citizens. With an innovative, evolving approach to teaching, the totality of our curriculum provides students with a wealth of diverse, meaningful and transformative educational experiences.
The Head of Wentworth is responsible for the smooth functioning of all of the daily operations of the Junior school ensuring that the students and faculty have an environment that is fun, vibrant, and inspiring.
- Lead the JK – Grade 7 campus
- Responsible for the daily operations of Wentworth including calendar of events, attendance, trips and tours, school events (meet the teacher, awards, Faculty meetings…)
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the student handbook, policies, processes and procedures for the Wentworth campus
- Lead person on all JK- Grade 7 student discipline issues
- Primary point of contact for parents on individual student issues in conjunction with the Mentor teachers, Heads of House and the Dean of Student Life and Leadership
- The face of the Wentworth campus at key events such as awards assemblies, plays/performances, etc.
- Oversees Wentworth Office Staff, Faculty (JK-7), Associate Faculty, Assistant Head of Wentworth
- Responsible for being knowledgeable about best practices and new innovations in elementary school education
ACADEMIC / EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
The qualified candidate will:
- have a minimum of five years of Elementary or Middle School teaching experience
- have (or be in the process of attaining) a Master’s Degree in Education or related field
- have strengths and proven ability to communicate and work with students, faculty and parents
- have strong organizational and management skills
- have proven leadership and communication skills and must be flexible and able to work well with a team
- have a strong knowledge of curriculum, instruction, assessment and school leadership
- have a working knowledge of independent schools, CAIS Leadership Institute Diploma is an asset
- have experience in hiring, supervising and evaluating teachers
- Trustworthy, kind, and decisive
- Able to create vision and also embrace the minutiae
- Takes the initiative
- A problem solver
- Anticipate issues, opportunities, and challenges
- Loves a good debate
- Is skilled at planning, leading, and inspiring
- Is excited about thinking outside of the box
- Is patience but also works with a sense of healthy urgency
OUR “MUST HAVES”
- Loves children
- Proven work ethic
- High integrity
- Desire to excel and succeed
- Passionate about taking the initiative to solve problems
- Actively live and breathe the school culture and lifestyle
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
- Self motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
Please send cover letter and a letter of reference to Mary Beauchamp at email@example.com by February 10, 2017.
Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.