Upper School Math Teacher
Mount Pisgah Christian School (MPCS) is seeking an experienced and dynamic educator to teach Upper School Math courses beginning in August 2017. The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and an educational philosophy and Christian worldview consistent with the mission of MPCS, and certification or qualification to teach secondary school Math. The ideal candidate will have independent school teaching experience and a passion for teaching upper level courses in math, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, AP Calculus (AB and BC), statistics, AP Statistics, Trigonometry, and high level Algebra. He or must demonstrate proficiency with technology and ability to integrate technology into the classroom and should have a strong desire to contribute to school life beyond the classroom. All teachers serve as advisors and participate in the school’s annual spiritual retreat. Many also coach or play a supportive role in the arts program.
The Upper School Instructor of Math will have:
- Experience teaching in a Christian and/or independent school or university setting
- Experience working as part of an academic team and facilitating a collaborative, trusting atmosphere among teaching colleagues
- A demonstrated history of commitment to professional development and lifelong learning.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience; ideally 2 years of AP experience
- A genuine ability to “connect” with and serve young people in a Christian community
- An eagerness to serve in a faith-based academic environment
Founded in 1986, Pisgah is an accredited, college-preparatory independent Christian school with a rich history of nurturing and inspiring students in preschool through 12th grade. Compensation and benefits are competitive and will be based on the candidate’s experience and potential to make an immediate contribution to the life of the school. The school requires employees to attest to and sign an ecumenical Statement of Faith.
Please mail or email a resume, cover letter detailing interest and qualifications, and list of references to:
Ms. Donna Lowe, Human Resources Coordinator
9820 Nesbit Ferry Road. Alpharetta, GA 30022.
MPCS does not discriminate in admission, educational programs, or employment against anyone on the basis of gender, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender identity, or age.