Saint David’s School seeks a temporary full-time lower school science teacher during maternity leave (April to June). Saint David’s is an independent elementary school for boys, located in Manhattan.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Teach Kindergarten, first grade and third grade science curriculum.
- Maintain effective professional communication with students, parents, teachers, and administrators through a variety of media, including meetings, conferences, and formal academic reports.
Qualifications and Preferences:
- Experienced, dynamic, and hands-on teacher who prefers to work with lower school students and who emphasizes experimentation and problem solving while building essential knowledge
- BS in science or a related discipline; MS or EdM in Science or Science Education
- Exceptional communication skills, including polished writing skills
- Facility with a variety of software programs
- Commitment to character education
- Flexibility, humor
Cover letter, resume, and letters of reference should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Kim E. Davidson, Head of Lower School.
Saint David’s School is committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals. The school will make all employment decisions for employees and applicants without unlawful discrimination as to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy, age, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity and expression, creed, genetic predisposition, victim of domestic violence or any other basis protected by law.