Cascades Academy is an independent PK-12 day school with 195 students located in the beautiful mountain town of Bend, Oregon. The school was founded in 2003 and resides on an award-winning 21-acre campus located on the Deschutes River. The school’s unique mission weaves challenging academics with experiential learning and actively cultivates a nurturing and inclusive school community.
The school seeks a highly motivated professional to serve as Director of Admission to lead the school’s efforts in recruitment, admissions, financial aid, re-enrollment, and retention. The Director will report to the Head of School. Specific responsibilities include:
- Articulating the school’s mission, programs, and admissions policies to all prospective families.
- Managing the admissions process, including identifying prospective applicants; managing files and information concerning candidates; conducting and overseeing testing, interviewing and arranging student visits; notifying applicants of decisions; and guiding the enrollment process.
- Collaborating and maintaining open, ongoing communication with faculty and staff to ensure that key information is accounted for in both decision-making and communications with students and families.
- Working closely with the Head of School to administer financial aid.
- Managing effective retention efforts for current students.
- Working closely with the Director of Development and Communications to implement an effective marketing and communications strategy.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate:
- A background leading or working at the top levels of the admissions process, preferably in an independent school.
- A track record of working successfully with a variety of constituents, including parents, students, and faculty and staff.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact comfortably with a variety of people.
- Strong organizational and planning skills in order to carry out effective enrollment operations.
- Integrity, sound judgment, self-confidence, maturity, collaborative spirit, and a sense of humor.
Compensation: Dependent on experience.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Start Date: July 1, 2017
Close Date: March 1, 2017
Qualified candidates should submit a current resume, two letters of reference and a cover letter explaining their interest in and qualifications for this leadership position to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
It is the policy of Cascades Academy to provide equal employment opportunity, regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation, veteran’s status or any other status protected by applicable law. Specifically, employment opportunities are and shall be open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their experience, aptitudes, abilities and training; advancement is and shall be based on the individual’s achievement, performance, ability, attitude and potential for promotion. Minorities and persons of color are encouraged to apply.