George Stevens Academy, Blue Hill, Maine
Dean of Curriculum and Instruction
This is a full-time position with benefits, to start July 1, 2017. George Stevens Academy is an independent Town Academy enrolling 280 day students and 50 residential students.
The Dean of Curriculum and Instruction reports to the Head of School and is responsible for all aspects of teaching and learning at the school. Specific responsibilities include:
- Support and mentor teachers to ensure the best possible learning experience for students.
- Troubleshoot issues that arise between teachers and student (and parents) when other processes stall.
- Work with the Head of School to carry out annual teacher observations and assessments.
- Chair the Professional Development Committee to support teacher participation in activities, programs, workshops, and continuing education.
- Chair the Curriculum Committee, overseeing curricular initiatives, improvements, and revisions.
- Make sure students are enrolled in the appropriate courses and making good progress towards graduation.
- Work closely with the school Registrar to plan registration periods, exam schedules, grading deadlines, and to oversee Powerschool grading practices.
- Oversee the preparation of the annual Program of Studies.
- Work with the Admissions Office to place incoming students into the appropriate classes.
- As a member of the Senior Administrative Team, attend administrative meetings.
- Teach two or possible three classes.
Strong candidates will have significant teaching experience; school administrative experience is a plus. Potential candidates should send a letter of interest, a résumé, and three letters of recommendation to Ms. Gail Strehan, Executive Administrative Assistant, George Stevens Academy, 23 Union Street, Blue Hill, Maine 04614 or email to email@example.com. For more information about George Stevens Academy visit our website at www.georgestevensacademy.org and our Facebook page.