Westchester Country Day School is seeking a Director of Development to begin on July 1, 2017. Reporting to and in partnership with the Head of School, the Development Director will spearhead development efforts, including the execution of a portion of the major gifts program, Annual Fund, foundation relations, planned giving, and event management.
Westchester Country Day School is an independent, college preparatory school that seeks to educate each child toward moral, academic, artistic, and athletic excellence in a nurturing, family environment where students, teachers, and parents support one another. By respecting the student and honoring learning, Westchester aims to cultivate informed citizens who are ready for a rapidly changing world and to graduate students who view the pursuit and wise use of knowledge as a lifelong joy. Westchester is the only non-sectarian Pre-K through 12th grade independent school in High Point, NC, serving communities throughout the Piedmont Triad region.
The director of development will:
- Cultivate a culture of giving and gratitude across all constituencies and socio-economic strata.
- Establish and execute forward-thinking development/ advancement and strategic programs that optimally grow the annual, major, and capital campaigns; legacy gifts; and planned giving.
- Oversee all aspects of the development program, including fundraising, leading the annual giving program, guiding the capital campaign, soliciting corporate and foundation grants, and planning and managing special development events.
- Enhance existing relationships while building new relationships, systems, and programs that further tap into the generosity and resources of the community.
- Nurture and maintain a highly collaborative relationship with the head of school, the board chair, and individual board members, supporting them in all their fundraising responsibilities, and accompanying them on donor visits when appropriate.
- Collaborate with the admissions office on PR initiatives and the marketing and communications office to create/produce fundraising-related communication materials to expand and enhance the school’s visibility and reputation.
- Collaborate with the Alumni Director to strengthen relationships with the school’s alumni and alumni parents, and further develop alumni programming.
- Develop strategic cultivation and annual solicitation programs specifically targeting parents, grandparents, alumni, faculty, staff and graduating seniors.
- Serve as the liaison to the Development Committee of the Board.
- Serve as the liaison to the Parents Association and support its fund and friend raising efforts.
- Develop and oversee donor stewardship efforts to strengthen relationships with past benefactors of the school.
- Identify corporate and foundation funding opportunities and help draft grant applications.
- Maintain a database of all contributors and provide development reports as required.
- Manage the development budget.
- Coordinate the school’s volunteerism efforts.
- BA (required), MA (a plus).
- Five-plus years experience working in development, ideally in an independent school or college setting.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational and managerial skills in a non-profit setting.
- Superior communication skills, especially in writing.
- A passion for the mission of Westchester Country Day School.
- A passion for working with a wide range of individuals from diverse backgrounds - colleagues, faculty, parents, alumni, alumni parents, grandparents.
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising data software and database management software.
- Experience working with and motivating volunteers and staff members.
- Familiarity with the local community.
- Competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Medical, retirement, and remission benefits.
Please send letter of interest, resume, and references to Jackie Argo, Assistant to the Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.