Title: Head Teacher; Grade Two
School Year: 2017-2018
St. Thomas's is a coeducational Day School serving students from Kindergarten through Grade 6. The School welcomes children of all backgrounds, with the belief that children who learn and grow together develop openness and respect for others.
In cooperation with the Administrative Team, the Second Grade Teacher is responsible for developing and implementing the instructional program in accordance with the School’s mission, goals, objectives, and philosophy of learning.
- Teaches language arts (reading, writing, listening and speaking), social studies, and mathematics
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized, small group and whole group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues in the development of curriculum, teaching methods and instructional strategies that will help students meet age appropriate challenges across the curriculum.
- Monitors performance and behavior and will keep consistent, reliable records pertinent to the class, including, but not limited to, daily attendance, individual student records, report cards and permanent records.
- Supervises assigned instructional support staff, including, but not limited to, assistant teachers, teaching aids, parent volunteers and student teachers.
- Is responsible for the care and maintenance of the classroom and will maintain an inventory of classroom textbooks, teaching materials, equipment and furniture.
Attends community meetings, faculty meetings, professional development opportunities and in-service days.