Rosarian Academy in West Palm Beach, Florida seeks a Middle School Principal commencing on July 1st, 2017. The Middle School Principal acts as the education leader in their division, responsible for its day-to-day operation.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Maintaining congruency between the school's board-approved mission and all activities of that division.
2. To observe, supervise and help evaluate the faculty in the development and implementation of curriculum; to supervise the teaching process and to review and evaluate the academic programs.
3. To provide an orderly, controlled environment in which learning can take place, a school climate that is supportive of students and teachers.
4. To be aware of the unique educational, physical, social and psychological needs specific to young adolescents.
5. A willingness to step in where needed, including teaching assignments.
6. A good communicator and someone who actively seeks out and supports trusting relationships with parents.
7. To lead various committees as assigned by the Head of School.
8. To make recommendations to the Head of School regarding the hiring and retention, and the assignment of faculty.
9. To conduct regular faculty meetings which deal with both routine school matters as well as the implementation of school initiatives.
10. Working collaboratively with the administrative team, the Middle School Principal will be a visible presence in all areas of the school.
11. The Middle School Principal will be an active participant in the development of school schedules, class scheduling and program development; experience with Middle School advisories is beneficial.
12. To conduct oneself in a Christian manner both in and out of school.