Stuart Hall School for Boys is seeking a dynamic and experienced educator to teach Pre-Kindergarten through 7th grade Art for the 2017-2018 school year.
Stuart Hall School for Boys was founded in 1984 by William M. Gallop in response to the long-time need for a Catholic boys' school in the New Orleans area at the preschool and elementary levels. The school was named for Janet Erskine Stuart, a well-known religious of the Sacred Heart who was an English educator living at the turn of the century. Janet Erskine Stuart's writings and philosophy transcend the limits of time and represent the basis upon which the school was founded. The school is autonomous in setting its curriculum and determining its future. The school is a member of the Archdiocese of New Orleans and the Independent School Association of the Southwest.
Stuart Hall is a unique expression of Catholic education because it is totally administered and staffed by lay people. The traditions of Catholic education, such as First Friday services, Mass, chapel, the religion program, and the prayer life are meaningful expressions of the Catholic faith.
The mission of the Stuart Hall community is to live the words of Catholic educator Janet Erskine Stuart, Education is formation, not just information. The faculty and staff are dedicated to working with parents to help each child build a foundation for a life centered on a love for learning, a desire to help others, and a commitment to Gospel values.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Dr. Bridget Hagan, Assistant Head of School, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stuart Hall School for Boys is an equal opportunity institution. Continuing its long-standing policy of actively supporting equality of opportunity for all persons, the Stuart Hall School for Boys does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, or age, in the administration of its admission, educational policies, athletic and other school-administered programs. Additionally, the Stuart Hall School for Boys does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, color, national or ethnic origin, or age, in the administration of its employment, financial assistance, and loan programs. Rather, the Stuart Hall School for Boys affirms that it admits students regardless of their race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin and selects employees regardless of their race, religion, gender, color, national or ethnic origin and thereafter accords them all the rights and privileges generally made available to students or employees at the school.
Art Teacher Duties/Responsibilities:
- Sets personal, professional, and spiritual goals and objectives in accordance with the stated philosophy and Mission Statement of Stuart Hall and reports on achievement of these goals.
- Implements the spirit of philosophy and Mission Statement of Stuart Hall throughout the school.
- Teaches classes in accordance with the schedule determined by the Headmaster.
- Is responsible for the learning environment in the classes.
- Is responsible for the overall development of each student.
- Is responsible to the Headmaster for carrying out the school program and the decisions reached at faculty meetings.
- Works with the teachers in such a way as to insure an integrated development of each child.
- Attends weekly faculty meetings and other such meetings as contributing to the growth and proper functioning of the school, including the two workdays at the end of the year.
- Prepares progress reports and report cards as required.
- Maintains communication with parents and administration.
- Knows and follows all established procedures and policies as set forth in the Employee Handbook and Parent/Student Handbook.
- Is available on campus for conferences and meetings within the designated contractual hours.
- Meets with the Headmaster at scheduled conferences.
- Is responsible for the discipline of the children within the classes, as well as school-wide discipline.
- Shares in the supervision of any extracurricular activities.
- Is responsible for writing and updating class page on the website.
- Is responsible for curriculum mapping.
- Assumes responsibility for students as circumstances warrant.
- Supervises recess, lunch, arrival, and dismissal duties as scheduled.
- Completes Required Services daily throughout the year, if applicable.
- Is responsible for keeping teaching certification current.