1.0 FTE Temporary Grade 3 Classroom Teacher - August 23, 2017 to June 30th 2018
Collingwood is Canada’s largest co-educational day school with 1,250 students from Junior Kindergarten through Grade 12. The school is situated in beautiful West Vancouver on two campuses, Wentworth (JK-7) and Morven (8-12). Collingwood School is a vibrant and student centered learning community that celebrates and supports a four stranded education, focusing on Academics, Athletics, Arts and Service. The School is seeking an experienced Grade 3 teacher to fill a one year maternity leave.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- have knowledge of differentiated learning approaches to teaching with an emphasis on critical thinking skills
- have knowledge in inquiry based learning and a strong understanding of assessment
- have the ability to work well in a team - sharing resources and ideas
- be proficient with SMARTBOARD technology, Google Classroom, Docs and educational applications and programs
- have experience employing a thematic approach to lesson delivery in an integrated curriculum
- have knowledge of the new BC curriculum and Core Competencies.
The following assets are also desirable:
- experience with or knowledge of Singapore Math, Reading Power and Writing Power
- excellent interpersonal skills including a positive and proactive approach
- excellent organization and communication skills
- a passion for ongoing learning and professional development
- flexibility, accountability, and integrity
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the co-curricular life of the school. Potential candidates must be a member, or be in the process of becoming a member, of the British Columbia College of Teachers.
Letters of application, accompanied by a resume, and the names of two referees, should be submitted through Simplication by February 24 , 2017. Only successful candidates will be notified.
Inquiries about the position should be directed to Christine Stuart firstname.lastname@example.org