1.0 FTE Temporary Grade 6/7 Visual Art Teacher - Aug 23, 2017 – To be confirmed - likely June 30, 2018 (Internal/External posting)
Collingwood School, the largest independent day school in Canada, in beautiful West Vancouver, is seeking a member for its vibrant Visual Art Department. The successful candidate will be an experienced, dynamic, collaborative and inspirational educator. A B.F.A or B.Ed in art education is strongly recommended. This position is posted as a one year temporary position. The course load will involve teaching Visual Art 6/7 and may include some Art 4/5.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and creative teacher who understands Elementary and Middle School students.
The following assets and qualifications are desirable:
- Elementary and Intermediate teaching experience and background
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Practical working knowledge of the Visual Arts - drawing, painting, pottery, printmaking, architecture, and photography
- Proven organizational and computer skills - Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Excel, Web 2.0, SmartBoard and photography programs
- Creative and imaginative with the proven ability to work in a student centered environment
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
- Able to communicate and work effectively with colleagues, parents and students
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the co-curricular life of the school. Potential candidates must be a member, or be in the process of becoming a member, of the British Columbia College of Teachers.
Letters of application, accompanied by a resume, and the names of two referees, should be submitted through Simplication by February 24 , 2017. Only successful candidates will be notified.
Inquiries about the position should be directed to Rheanne Stevens firstname.lastname@example.org