Saltus Grammar School invites applications for the post of Teacher of Chemistry and General Science to commence September 1, 2017.
The successful candidate for this post will teach Chemistry and General Science to Key Stage 3 and (I) GCSE. Ability to teach Advanced Placement is preferred.
Candidates for the above position:
- Must have a minimum of three years’ teaching experience.
- Must be a qualified graduate, experienced teacher who has proven ability/success in the delivery of their subject in a differentiated classroom at all levels of the Secondary Department.
- Must have a proven ability in the use of information technology in the delivery of the curriculum.
- Must be able to use an online grading system and be willing to create and update schemes of work and resources.
- Must be licensed by or qualified to be licensed by the Bermuda Educators Council. Should an overseas candidate be appointed, this will be organized.
- Must have a commitment to the principles of independent education and be willing to contribute to extracurricular activities and the broader life of the School.
- Must be willing to provide cover for absences and/or advisory.
- Must be committed to academic excellence and strive for positive relations with all students, parents and colleagues alike.
- Must be highly organized and able to thrive in a busy environment.
All applicants must provide a resume along with the following information: title of the post applied for, full name, date of birth, national status, full details of secondary and higher education and other qualifications with dates, full details of teaching and other experience (indicating schools, responsibilities and dates), and also the names, addresses and telephone numbers of two persons who are willing to provide confidential professional references, one of whom should be your current employer.
Candidates are requested to e-mail a letter of application and resume/curriculum vitae to the Human Resources Department at:
Saltus Grammar School
P.O. Box HM 2224, Hamilton HM JX, Bermuda
For further information on Saltus Grammar School, please visit the school's website at www.saltus.bm.