Summary: Pacific Ridge School seeks candidates for the position of Teacher of Spanish. This appointment will be effective August 14, 2017. At Pacific Ridge School, our mission statement drives all of our work: In a community that fosters academic excellence, ethical responsibility and global engagement, Pacific Ridge School prepares students for college and a purposeful life.
In support of Pacific Ridge’s mission, teachers are expected to teach, advise, supervise, care about the students, work in partnership with parents, advocate and promote the School, work collegially with administrators and fellow faculty, and grow professionally. The role of teacher at Pacific Ridge School is a pivotal, dynamic position on campus. A full-time teaching position includes teaching four sections along with community responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan for and teach curriculum relevant to teaching load
- Collaborate with co-teachers and grade level team members
- Communicate with students and parents in a timely and professional manner
- Participate in school events (including but not limited to, Back to School Night and Parent Conferences), field trips, global travel, chaperone duties, and faculty meetings relative to percentage of full-time status
- Provide leadership in service learning, clubs, and/or advisory as assigned
- Other duties as assigned in partnership with the Assistant Head of School or Division Heads