Ricks Center for Gifted Children at the University of Denver is an exemplary program designed for gifted children. We provide nationally recognized gifted education to approximately 250 students ranging from ages three years old through eighth grade, who demonstrate exceptional, differentiated abilities and learning.
- Monitor, maintain and plan for technology at the Ricks Center.
- Ensure that technological resources, both physical and online, are well maintained and can be implemented safely by students and faculty.
- In collaboration with University Technology Services (UTS), provide technology support to Ricks staff and students, and maintain all school technology.
- Purchase, inventory and deploy software and technology hardware (including but not limited to computers, printers, document cameras, etc.) staff and students.
- Work collaboratively with UTS to ensure best practices and effective implementation of technology within Ricks Center.
- Manage school website.
- Develop and maintain an educational technology program at the Ricks Center.
- Participate with administrative team in developing long-range technology plans including purchase, replacement, infrastructure changes, and educational model development in alignment with DU and Ricks Center strategic plans and technology initiatives.
- Explore trends and help to enable technology integration in teaching and learning.
- Develop, maintain and operate an Innovation Lab.
- Coordinate professional development in project-based learning across disciplines.
- Identify and disseminate STEM-related award opportunities to students and faculty.
- Collaborate with advancement staff to identify and respond to STEM-related external funding opportunities.
- Work successfully with, and supports others use of, the DU and Ricks technology platforms (Microsoft 365, Renweb, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in managing both Mac (iPad and laptops) and PC devices.
- Proficient in written and verbal communication when working with a diverse population.
- Ability to be innovative, visionary and adapt quickly to new and evolving technologies.
- Ability to collaborate and be a supportive leader who enjoys assisting others in mastering new technologies, and who can learn from and work with other experts in the field.
- Ability to differentiate approaches and establish trusting relationships so that others are open to risk-taking and exploration with technology.
- Ability to be supportive of and knowledgeable about gifted, progressive and innovative education models.
- Ability to see how technology can be used as an integrated, authentic learning tool (beyond word processing and math facts apps).
- Either a Bachelor's degree in Education and teacher certification or working towards a degree in Education and teacher certification.
- Understanding of technology's role in a Pre-K through 8 curriculum.
- Experience with leading technology trainings or in-service.
- 2+ years of teaching experience in a K-12 school.
- Master's degree in STEM education or in a STEM-related field, such as science, engineering, computer science, engineering education or educational technology.
- Applied experience in STEM education, in such areas as instructional design and curriculum development, distance learning, program development and assessment and ideally in computer programming or software development.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Anne Sweet at Anne.Sweet@du.edu.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.