Administrative Assistant to the Head of School
Opportunity Posting and Position Description
The Assistant to the Head of School will work closely with the Head of School to manage the Head of School’s Office; internal, academic, and event calendars; act as a liaison between the Head of School’s Office and faculty, parents, and the community; plan and manage details and logistics for major school events; and lend administrative support to all projects initiated by the Head of School. Additionally, the Assistant to the Head of School will support the Director of Development with periodic event planning, gift processing, and Raiser’s Edge data entry. The Assistant to the Head of School will support the Head of School and other department directors to effectively and strategically plan initiatives that align to the Academy’s mission.
- Coordinate business communications and appointment schedule for the Head of School’s Office.
- Plan and coordinate faculty, administrative, and Board of Trustee meetings.
- Coordinate, plan, and assist in the delegation of duties related to major campus events.
- Facilitate planning and communications related to Board of Trustee meetings and compile, edit, and publish department reports quarterly. Act as scribe for meeting minutes for approval by the secretary of the board.
- Process and acknowledge all contributions to the Academy.
- Maintain Development Office database.
- Maintain and update internal school calendars regularly.
- Assist Head of School to plan and publish the academic calendar annually.
- Assist Head of School with recruitment, retention, and human resource issues, including annual faculty contracts and housing assignments.
- Coordinate and plan interview schedules.
- Maintain accurate personnel records and maintain confidentiality to comply with MSDE standards.
- Complete annual school statistical and consortium reports (AIMS, NAIS/DASL, TABS, ADVIS) and collaborate with departments to collect accurate data.
- Collaborate regularly with the Communications, Development, and Admissions Offices to strengthen ties to the internal and external community.
- Manage the application process and track expenses for a restricted endowment for faculty professional development.
- Collaborate regularly with the Business Office to help to manage the Head of School’s budget in relation to travel, recruitment, event, and professional development expenses.
- Perform other duties as assigned by and in support of the Head of School.
This non-exempt position will require some non-traditional work hours, including nights and weekends.
Salary & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience; benefits include health, life, dental, and retirement plan.
West Nottingham Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume electronically to Tom Banks, Ph.D., head of school at email@example.com (no phone calls or snail mail submissions, please).
About West Nottingham Academy
Established in 1744, West Nottingham Academy is the oldest boarding school in the United States.
We are a 9th through 12th grade coeducational boarding and day school located in Maryland near the
picturesque Chesapeake Bay, an hour’s drive from either Philadelphia or Baltimore. Our mission is
to prepare students for the challenges of college and life through a curriculum grounded in the liberal arts
and sciences, and a commitment to the intellectual, spiritual and social growth of each student.
In 2015-2016, over 130 students were enrolled, including 40% from overseas.