St. Andrew’s Episcopal School, a diverse and thriving PK3-12 independent school in Mississippi's capital city, is seeking a dynamic, team-oriented, and experienced educator to serve as the Learning Facilitator on our South Campus, home to our Lower School and new Early Childhood Center. This is a full-time position scheduled to begin in August 2017.
A desirable candidate will be dedicated to maintaining the highest educational standards rooted in the latest research about the ways in which diverse students learn. S/he will serve on the Lower School administrative team and will be a member of the Department of Student Support Services, a cross divisional department that includes other learning facilitators, counselors, nurses, chaplains, and health and wellness directors. The Learning Facilitator will work closely with the Reading Interventionists, Math Coach, Early Childhood Director, and the Head of Lower School. In keeping with the Characteristics of Excellence for all faculty and staff at St. Andrew's, s/he also will be self-motivated, flexible, growth-oriented, and technologically savvy and will communicate effectively with all school constituencies.
A desirable candidate will possess a Master's degree in education, preferably with a concentration in curriculum and instruction or related specialized fields. S/he also will have both classroom teaching experience and experience with exceptional students. In addition to a strong knowledge base in the area of learning differences, desirable candidates will also have specialized training and experience in early intervention strategies, testing and assessments, acquisition of reading, child development, best practices in early childhood, and elementary pedagogies in reading, writing, and mathematics.
The Learning Facilitator will work with students, faculty, administrators, and parents on a variety of fronts, including:
- serving as a student advocate and source of support for both learning and teaching
- discussing and documenting patterns of performance with teachers, guardians, and Student Support Services and
- providing recommendations and/or appropriate accommodation plans and ongoing support for students who learn differently
- maintaining approved psychoeducational evaluation records and other appropriate student files
- serving as a liaison between parents, faculty, and other professionals
- educating parents and faculty on topics relevant to learning differences
- cultivating a network of community professional to support St. Andrew’s students and families
- working with the Office of the Provost and divisional and departmental leadership to ensure developmentally appropriate scope and sequence across subject areas and age levels
As an Equal Opportunity Employer and institution explicitly committed to nurturing a diverse community, St. Andrew’s does not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of the protected categories of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender, and sexual orientation), age, disability, genetic information, or military/veteran status in its employment practices or hiring practices. The school encourages applications from all qualified candidates and especially encourages applications from members of traditionally underrepresented groups in independent schools. St. Andrew’s also offers a competitive benefits package, including extensive professional development and travel opportunities. More information about the school is available at www.gosaints.org.
Submit a cover letter, a current resume or CV, a copy of higher education transcripts (unofficial copies will suffice initially), and a list of at least three professional references. All materials should be submitted electronically as PDFs and emailed to email@example.com, specifying "Lower School Learning Facilitator" in the subject line.