As a senior member of the administrative team, the Director of Financial Operations will supervise, plan and reconcile the financial operations of the school. He/she will be the senior financial advisor to the Head of School in his work with the Board of Trustees and the RPDS community. At the pleasure of the Head of School, the Director of Financial Operations is charged with interfacing with all departments and the leadership of the various “cost-centers” of the school, for budgetary planning and control, understanding current industry “best practices,” benchmarking and trends, while utilizing this knowledge to plan, project and thereby ensure the future sustainability of the School.
Guide in concert with the Head of School, the fiscal health of the school and the reporting of same.
- Prepare all financial statements, assure accuracy of all journal entries, reconcile accounts, develop financial forecasts and otherwise guide all financial operations.
- Provide leadership and operational control of expenditures and collection of amounts due through FACTS Management, Inc.
- Monitor and supervise banking relationships, credit gateways, bank transfers and institutional financial relationships.
- Ensure all necessary regulatory and financial policies are understood and enforced and that required HR forms, taxes and fees (eg. IRS, “Safe Harbors,” etc.) are filed as required.
- Lead and supervise accurate bookkeeping operation and adherence to budget.
- Arrange the annual school audit and prepare necessary supporting detail for the auditor.
- In concert with the Head of School and in consultation with middle managers, prepare the annual operational budget for board tuition-setting (Nov. for following academic year) and “recast” budget (July prior to new academic year).
- Interact with Board Finance Committee Chair to plan and support monthly Finance Committee agenda and meeting detail. Prepare monthly operational financial statements, ongoing accounts receivable detail and other reports for non-operational funds as requested.
- Prepare all financial reporting documentation required for NAIS and FCIS membership.
- Interact with Endowment Advisory Board Chairman, attend quarterly EAB meetings and reconcile statements for all reserve and endowed funds “under management.”
- In concert with and support of the Director of Facilities and Security, ensure the following areas continue to be addressed in a financially sustainable manner:
- Maintenance and care of school equipment.
- Storage of records.
- Distribution and storage of supplies.
- HR requirements for custodian, maintenance and security personnel.
- Scheduling and financial requirements for all major maintenance, repair, renovation and/or new construction are properly addressed.
- Serve as needed to support the Head of School and maintenance department coordinate cost-sharing, maintenance and security with RPC.
- Support the Director of Facilities as he addresses appropriate fire, safety, security and emergency responses in a financially responsible manner.
- Represent and coordinate School’s financial interest in the design and construction of new or renovated facilities.
Business Office, HR and Personnel
Provide leadership and guidance to ensure the school’s HR policies, procedures and operations meet all local, state and national requirements.
- Organize and supervise Business Office employees and timely updates of the Business Office Procedures Manual.
- Direct the annual updating of the Employee Manual and Procedures.
- Research, develop and supervise school’s various benefit and insurance plans and all required regulatory filings.
- Ensure the school’s compliance with all federal, state and county regulations.