(duration approx. 3 months)
The Brandeis School of San Francisco
FLSA Classification: Nonexempt
Reports to: Business Operations Support Manager
Position Description: Coordinates and performs maintenance, groundskeeping, event setup, hospitality, and light janitorial tasks with the goal of a safe, attractive, and functional place of work and study.
• Maintains campus facilities and equipment through regular inspection, cleaning, and periodic maintenance.
• Coordinates minor repairs with Business Operations Support Manager.
• Removes and/or audits or directs removal/audit of campus waste stream.
• Performs daily janitorial tasks such as cleaning vents, fans, walls, floors, and switch covers; changing light bulbs; and replenishing supplies, with the goal of maintaining a presentable campus appearance during the course of the regular school day.
• Notifies supervisor of any needed repairs or equipment failure.
• Maintains organization and cleanliness of storage, supply, and maintenance areas; maintains inventory records and requests supply orders as needed.
• Responds to emergency situations in order to confine hazardous situations and prevent injuries.
• Prepares and removes coffee and tea service daily; prepares student snacks daily; and assists with post-lunch clean up.
• Sets up and breaks down tables, chairs, podiums, whiteboards, and miscellaneous audio-visual equipment for school events, including - but not limited to - presentations, assemblies, performances, lunches.
• Performs basic troubleshooting and repair on simple building and classroom equipment.
• Relocates furniture, equipment, and other items using safe lifting methods.
• Performs other tasks as directed by the Business Operations Support Manager.
• Requires some evening hours.
• High school diploma, GED, or previous experience is preferred.
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in an educational environment.
• Ability to operate standard custodial and maintenance equipment and tools.
• Ability to carry out simple to moderately complex tasks in oral or written form.
• Ability to prioritize tasks in a dynamic environment.
• Basic knowledge of workplace safety and the ability to identify and address potential hazards; ability to read warranty, safety, and instructional documentation and follow recommended or required protocols.
• First Aid/CPR certification desirable.
• Reliability, integrity, and honesty.
• Ability to pass a DOJ background check.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
• Routinely stoop, kneel, climb, crawl, and crouch while lifting, pulling, or carrying objects weighing 20 to 50 pounds.
• Occasionally lift, push, or maneuver large and heavy items up to 100 pounds using safe handling methods and with trained assistance.
• Routinely work in proximity to strong odors, fumes, dust, moisture, loud noises, machinery vibrations, high/low temperatures, hazardous chemicals, and other hazardous material; potential for exposure to pathogens and/or bodily fluid hazards.
• Frequently works outdoors in cold/windy/foggy/rainy conditions.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No telephone calls please. We respectfully ask that you do not contact the school directly.
Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency