Lincoln School, an all-girls, Quaker, Pre-K-12 school on the East Side of Providence, RI, is seeking two full-time assistant teachers, for its first and second grade classrooms for the 2017–18 school year.
In conjunction with the lead teacher, the assistant teacher will:
- Prepare units and lesson plans both independently and in conjunction with the lead teacher.
- Teach half of the class (as a group, in small groups, and individually as needed) in all core academic subjects (reading, writing, grammar, mathematics, social studies), including lesson preparation, delivery, and assessment.
- Plan, prepare, and develop teaching aids.
- Incorporate technology into teaching.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a clean, safe, exciting, and organized learning environment for the students.
- Build strong relationships with parents and respond to parents' comments and concerns with sensitivity, interest, and respect while maintaining confidentiality.
- Participate in parent-teacher conferences.
- Write progress reports in conjunction with the lead teacher.
- Have weekly duties including recess, lunch, extended morning, and extended afternoon.
- Be an active member of the Lower School community.
- Attend faculty meetings and serve on committees.
Applicants should send their resume along with a cover letter and three references to email@example.com.