The Assistant to the Head of School will work closely with the Head of School to manage the Head of School’s Office; internal, academic, and event calendars; act as a liaison between the Head of School’s Office and faculty, parents, and the community; plan and manage details and logistics for major school events; and lend administrative support to all projects initiated by the Head of School. Additionally, the Assistant to the Head of School will support the Director of Development with periodic event planning, gift processing, and Raiser’s Edge data entry. The Assistant to the Head of School will support the Head of School and other department directors to effectively and strategically plan initiatives that align to the School’s mission.
- Coordinate business communications and appointment schedule for the Head of School’s Office.
- Plan and coordinate faculty, administrative, and Board of Trustee meetings.
- Coordinate, plan, and assist in the delegation of duties related to major campus events.
- Facilitate planning and communications related to Board of Trustee meetings and compile, edit, and publish department reports quarterly. Act as scribe for meeting minutes for approval by the secretary of the board.
- Aid in maintaining the Development Office database.
- Maintain and update internal school calendars regularly.
- Coordinate, create and distribute the Lion’s Tale.
- Assist Head of School to plan and publish the academic calendar annually.
- Assist Head of School with recruitment, retention, and human resource issues, including annual faculty contracts and housing assignments.
- Coordinate and plan interview schedules.
- Complete annual school statistical and reports and collaborate with departments to collect accurate data.
- Oversee the collection of the documentation needed for the PA Dept of Education.
- Collaborate regularly with the Business, Development, and Admissions Offices to strengthen ties to the internal and external community.
- Perform other duties as assigned by and in support of the Head of School.
This non-exempt position will require some non-traditional work hours, including nights and weekends.
Salary & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience; benefits include health, life, dental, and retirement plan.
The Phelps School is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume electronically to Stephany Fahey at email@example.com (no phone calls or snail mail submissions, please).
Excellent and demonstrated oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, presentation skills and attention to detail. Professional demeanor. Ability to maintain punctual, dependable hours on a regular basis. Ability to accurately complete projects and meet deadlines without excessive oversight.