About The Nueva School
The Nueva School, an internationally recognized, nonprofit, independent day school, has served gifted and talented students since 1967. Today, Nueva serves over 800 students PK–12 and expects to grow to over 950 students in the next few years. Nueva is located in the neighboring towns of Hillsborough and San Mateo, equidistant between San Francisco and Silicon Valley, serving six different counties throughout the Bay Area of Northern California.
A constructivist school, Nueva is known for its distinctive inquiry-based interdisciplinary studies, project-based learning, and pioneering work in social-emotional learning and design thinking. The Nueva community instills a passion for lifelong learning, fosters social and emotional acuity, and develops the imaginative mind. Our school has received the US Department of Education National Blue Ribbon Award and the American Institute of Architects Award for School Design and Sustainability, has been recognized as an Apple Distinguished Program and appointed an Ashoka Changemaker School, co-founded the Common Ground Speaker Series, hosts the biennial Innovative Learning Conference, and was highlighted by the Pulitzer Prize–winning and New York Times best-selling author Thomas Friedman in his book That Used to Be Us in the chapter “Average Is Over.”
Nueva seeks a Humanities teacher interested in working in the Middle School division. This constructivist educator with deep content knowledge will team with other motivated colleagues, creating dynamic curriculum on world topics. The right person for this position will have a passion for teaching gifted middle school students. Experience with project-based learning, technology integration, and curriculum development in the area of humanities and history are necessary. We value innovative, energetic, and flexible team players with the ability to work with adults and students in a collegial setting. Ability to lead Model United Nations and teach an elective are also desired but not required.
General Responsibilities for Teachers in Middle School Division:
- Teach expertly your course of study with the highest standards for each student
- Convey enthusiasm for content and intellectual inquiry
- Design instruction that emphasizes critical thinking and problem solving
- Collaborate with colleagues to enrich curriculum and instruction
- Integrate appropriate technology to enhance learning
- Create hands-on, project-based learning experiences
- Collaborate effectively with students, teachers, and parents
- Model flexibility in implementing best learning practices
- Support the well-being of all students
- Demonstrate interest and ability to lead student activities, coach, & contribute beyond the classroom
- Lead by example in your commitment to Nueva's mission