Bolles middle school students continue to develop their identities and build their independence under the guidance of caring faculty and advisors. At the Bolles Bartram Campus students learn responsibility, decision-making, and time management as they explore their interests in academics, arts, community service, and/or athletics. The middle school curriculum encourages students to expand their interests while they also prepare for the challenges and rigor of upper school. The programs offered in middle school begin to take on a more demanding pace for which the faculty works to prepare students. Higher concepts in each subject are introduced by faculty specializing in that subject. The middle school challenges students to obtain a level of personal satisfaction and success via a course of study that inspires excellence, courage, integrity, and compassion.
The Bolles School searches worldwide for teachers who demonstrate expertise in their field of study.
Position Purpose: Responsible for preparing Math curriculum and providing instruction to middle school students, and engaging students in the learning process. This position will commence with the 2017-18 academic year.
- Prepares course objectives and follows curriculum guidelines
- Communicates course expectations
- Uses appropriate and varied teaching techniques
- Prepares and conducts regular assessments
- Assigns lessons, corrects papers, and hears oral presentations
- Teaches rules of conduct
- Maintains order in classroom and on school grounds
- Counsels students when adjustment and academic problems arise
- Discusses students’ academic and behavioral attitudes and achievements with parents
- Keeps attendance and grade records as required by school
- Prepares report cards and individual comments
- Fosters positive communication among parents, advisors, colleagues, and students
- Communicates effectively both orally and in written form to parents/colleagues in response to inquiries of both student/professional nature
- Coordinates class field trips, if applicable
- Maintains regularly scheduled office hours in order to advise and assist students
- Collaborates with colleagues and students in out-of-classroom activities
- Makes full use of professional development opportunities (further education, reading, workshops, conferences, etc.) and demonstrates creative initiative in keeping current in one’s own discipline, which includes the use of technology in the classroom