The lower school program at The Bolles School teaches children in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 5 the wonder of learning in an intimate and innovative environment. Bolles' students develop a sense of exploration and personal values that instill a sense of all that is possible throughout their academic and personal lives as they progress through to middle school on the Bartram Campus, then move on to the Bolles upper school and beyond. Students receive a firm foundation in reading skills, writing, math, science, and social studies from a dedicated and caring faculty. The curriculum is based on hands-on learning, which emphasizes activities to teach the importance of exploring and experimenting.
Position Purpose: Responsible for all aspects of creating a dynamic learning environment for students in the kindergarten classroom. The Bolles Ponte Vedra campus has three Kindergarten teachers in two classrooms. The Kindergarten team teaches and rotates between both classrooms throughout the day. They instruct different size groups (individual, small group, large group and the entire grade) enabling each teacher to best meet the needs of all students. This position will commence with the 2017-18 academic year.
- Plans materials and class activities to promote development of students’ abilities and skills
- Adapts teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests
- Plans and conducts activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and practice time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate
- Instructs students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations
- Establishes clear objectives for all lessons and communicates those objectives to students
- Prepares, administers and grades tests and assignments in order to evaluate students’ progress
- Meets with teachers, parents and guardians to discuss children's progress, and determine their priorities and resource needs
- Provides a variety of materials and resources for students to explore, manipulate and use, both in learning activities and imaginative play
- Collaborates with other teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of lower school programs
- Keeps attendance and grade records as required by the School
- Attends professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence