West Nottingham Academy is seeking a dynamic, collaborative, energetic, results-oriented, and experienced Annual Fund Director for the 2017-2018 academic year. As an administrator, and key member of the development team, this position will report to the Director of Institutional Advancement. Primary responsibility will be to develop, manage, and lead a successful annual campaign that reaches or surpasses stated goals.
About West Nottingham:
West Nottingham Academy (the oldest boarding school in America) is a 9th – 12th grade coeducational boarding and day school located in north eastern Maryland, near the picturesque Chesapeake Bay; an hour’s drive from either Philadelphia or Baltimore. Our mission is to prepare students for the challenges of college and life through a curriculum grounded in the liberal arts and sciences, and a commitment to the intellectual, spiritual and social growth of each student. In 2016-2017, over 120 students were enrolled, including 40% from overseas.
The Annual Fund Director (“Director”) will work with the Director of Institutional Advancement to develop strategies and implement tactics that will successfully increase philanthropic support from all constituencies.
Through direct mail, social media, and personal solicitations, the Director will strive to increase the overall participation rate of West Nottingham Academy Alumni in the Annual Fund.
The Director will also work with, and help create, alumni events both on and off campus.
The Director will steward and foster relationships among various constituencies to increase both volunteer participation and financial support.
- Work with Director of Intuitional Advancement to set performance goals for the annual fund; develop and implement a strategic plan of strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward unrestricted and restricted annual gifts.
- Organize annual fund solicitations, including timing and nature of appeals, writing copy, working with outside vendors (as necessary) to manage all aspects of completing a successful Annual Fund campaign.
- Manage stewardship activities to assure regular contact with donors from all constituencies
- Process and acknowledge all gifts to WNA through Raisers Edge.
- Helps to initiate, direct, and manage alumni activities and programs, including an annual Alumni Weekend.
- Maintains communications with alumni, encouraging long-term relations.
- Manage and update Raisers Edge data base.
- Lead a volunteer staff to assist with activities of the development office.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply for the position by submitting a resume, cover letter and statement of educational philosophy to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Check out our website for additional information on West Nottingham Academy!