Germantown Academy is seeking a college counselor for their Curriculum Partnership Program in Beijing, China. Based in the US, the counselor will travel to our partner school in Beijing a minimum of four times a year for ten working days each visit, and will work exclusively with CPP students in Beijing. This is a 12-month position. Germantown Academy offers an excellent array of benefits. Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. Please find the job description below.
The CPP College Counselor will participate in all aspects of the program. S/he will serve as a College Counselor for 20-25 students per grade, guiding them and their parents through the college search and application process. Candidates must demonstrate a genuine interest in liaising between Western and Asian cultures. Proficiency in Mandarin and experience in college counseling is preferred. The successful candidate will be responsible for administering all aspects of the college search and application process, including but not limited to:
- Educate students and parents about the college admission process, trends, and policies
- Serve as a liaison with college and university admission offices
- Coordinate college search process according to each student’s personality, interests, talents, and career aspirations
- Administer training services for students on college/university profile analysis, essay writing workshops, and interview preparation
- Help students utilize Family Connection
- Provide selection, timing, and preparation advice on standardized testing such as the SAT, SAT II, and TOEFL as well as providing guidance and support for the PSAT
- Conduct Skype sessions with students/parents as requested.
- Maintain regular email contact with students and parents.
- Assist with exchange programs between the two schools
- Other duties as assigned Qualifications:
- Please submit your resume, cover letter, transcripts, and three professional references to:
- Bachelor’s degree required; college counseling experience preferred; strong communication/public speaking skills; excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills; ability to respond effectively to needs of a diverse and demanding student and parent population; knowledge of American colleges and universities, academic programs, as well as admission and financial aid policies.
Ms. Rachel Elwood
Human Resources Director
340 Morris Road
PO Box 287
Fort Washington, PA 19034