Holy Child School at Rosemont is a Catholic, co-educational, independent school (Early childhood-8th grade) located near the campuses of Villanova University and Rosemont College in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. We strive to ‘Nurture Excellence in a Joyful Catholic Community’ and are seeking applicants for a full time position teaching Middle School Math, beginning in September 2017.
The Middle School at Holy Child consists of grades 5-8. We have two sections of each grade, and are fully departmentalized with specialist teachers in Science, English & Social Studies, Spanish, Art, Music, and Math. We have a 1x1 program (using Chromebooks) throughout the middle school and teachers use technology regularly as a teaching tool and as a means of communicating with parents. The School is marked by a dedicated faculty, supportive parents and enthusiastic children.
The ideal candidate will:
- Understand and appreciate our mission and philosophy as a Holy Child School
- Be energetic and enthusiastic about teaching emerging adolescents
- Know how to use technology effectively as a teaching and communication tool
- Have at least 3-4 years experience teaching math in middle school
- Be adept at differentiating instruction in a class of 15-18 students
- Welcome the opportunity to serve as an advisor to middle school students
- Value collegiality and be a team player
- Love children and the developmental challenges they present
- Communicate consistently and well with parents
- Have experience teaching the Everyday Math program
The ability to contribute to our extracurricular program as an assistant coach in field hockey, basketball, football, or swimming, or lead our Robotics team, or help with our play, is a significant plus.
Interested candidates should forward résumés and a comprehensive cover letter to Tom Lengel, Head of School, Holy Child School at Rosemont, at email@example.com AND his assistant, Megan Trost, firstname.lastname@example.org. We will begin reviewing resumes immediately and expect to conduct the first round of interviews by early March. We hope to conclude this search by early April.
Holy Child School at Rosemont is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.