Lower School Math Specialist
Columbus School for Girls (CSG) is an independent day school in Columbus, Ohio, founded in 1898, serving diverse students in grades pre-k through grade 12. CSG empowers girls to discover their distinct potential as learners and leaders. As a leader in the education of girls and young women, it is a vibrant community of more than 565 students, 135 faculty and staff, and 2,500 active alumnae. CSG’s 8-acre academic campus in the beautiful Bexley neighborhood is a ten-minute drive from downtown Columbus, a city bustling with artistic, civic, and shopping experiences. Having just completed a strategic plan to guide the School’s direction over the next several years, CSG offers an exceptional, student-centered academic experience with strong offerings in the arts, an impressive athletic program, and a health and wellness curriculum that is unique in Central Ohio. This combination of academics and skills ensures that CSG students will be well prepared for life beyond CSG.
Columbus School for Girls seeks to hire a full-time Lower School Math Specialist for Grades 1-5 to begin in the 2017-2018 academic year. CSG offers a competitive salary, benefits, and professional opportunities and welcomes candidates who add to the racial, cultural, religious, and gender diversity of the school community.
Major Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide curricular support and professional development to homeroom teachers
- Meet with ability groups to differentiate math instruction within the classroom and in a small group settings
- Develop resources for and communicate with Lower School parents
- Participate actively in the life of the school, including leading clubs and/or activities
Experience, Characteristics, Qualities:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Elementary School Education with a math concentration; Master’s degree preferred in an applicable area of academic focus
- Strong candidates will have at least three years of teaching experience, preferably at an independent school
- Knowledge of Singapore Math, specifically Math in Focus
- Possess strong math instruction practices
- Demonstrate best practices in using technology in the classroom
- Excellent communication skills, a genuine appreciation of children, sense of humor, and the ability to work well within a diverse, collaborative environment
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter outlining their interest in and qualifications for this specific position and a resume in a single Word document to: Diane Mosher, Hiring Coordinator, Columbus School for Girls, 65 S. Drexel Ave., Columbus, Ohio 43209; fax: (614) 252-0571; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put Lower School Math Specialist in the subject line.
Columbus School for Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other status protected by law.