Associate Athletic Trainer
Part-Time Academic Year
Pingree School is a dynamic and aspirational, independent, coeducational day school on the North Shore of Boston, located on a beautiful 100-acre campus in South Hamilton, where 370 students in grades 9 through 12 solve problems, build community, and learn how to learn. The Pingree community is dedicated to academic excellence and the development of high personal standards. Pingree believes that a love of learning flourishes best in a diverse community that respects truth, curiosity, creativity, humor, and independent and imaginative thinking. Committed to developing global citizens, Pingree actively seeks faculty, staff, and students of character and intelligence from diverse social, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
Pingree School seeks an experienced athletic trainer to join our Athletics Department for the 2017-2018 school year, beginning in late August 2017. Reporting to the the Head Athletic Trainer, the Associate Athletic Trainer will work with students competing on Pingree’s 45 interscholastic teams across 19 different sports, in addition to those participating in co-curricular after school activities such as theater, yoga/zuma, and robotics. Eighty percent of Pingree students participate in athletics in any given season; teams play full schedules of home and away games, including some weekend contests.
The ideal Associate Athletic Trainer will possess a strong work ethic, problem solving skills, communication skills (both written and verbal), and flexibility, as coverage hours change by season. The Associate Athletic Trainer will also be expected to assist in managing the day to day workings of the athletic training room. These duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in preseason ImPACT baseline testing
- Assisting in daily field set up and break down
- Assisting in injury evaluation, rehabilitation, and return to play protocols
- Assisting in daily maintenance of athletic training room and equipment found within
- Assisting in accurate record keeping/documentation of injuries and daily treatments (experience with Magnus EMR a plus)
- Assisting in game and practice coverage in conjunction with the Head Athletic Trainer on both weekdays and weekends
- Assisting with coverage of traveling Pingree varsity teams when deemed necessary by the Director of Athletics or the Head Athletic Trainer
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics or Head Athletic Trainer
To apply for the Associate Athletic Trainer position, please send a cover letter and resume as a Word or PDF document to Joy Foley, Executive Assistant to Head of School at email@example.com.
Pingree School is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.