Island School (ischool.org) seeks two mathematics or mathematics/science teachers with a commitment to private education in a college preparatory environment. This is a 10-month, full time position.
Island School, an Independent college preparatory day school for students in pre-kindergarten through grade 12. It is located on the island of Kaua'i, the northernmost inhabited island of the Hawaiian Island chain, which, due to its stunning natural beauty, is known as the "Garden Island."
Applications should be directed to L. Shannon Graves, Head of School. Please include a letter of introduction, a résumé, and at least three professional references. We will begin reviewing applications immediately and will close the application period when the position is filled. The position is for the 2017-18 school year. Information may be emailed to: email@example.com
Appropriate candidates should have 2+ years of teaching experience with an emphasis and interest in problem based learning, differentiated instruction, teaching a range of abilities in ability based groupings, and experience teaching some combination of Algebra II, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, College Algebra, and/or Physics. Teaching responsibilities include four or five sections in grades 8-12. Additional responsibilities include serving as an advisor, full participation in the life of the school, leading a club or other initiative, and/or coaching.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- B.A. degree and 2 + years of relevant teaching experience in a non-profit independent school.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently and in a group.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with parents, students, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to motivate and manage students.
- Strong work ethic, adaptability, generous spirit, and confident working with students.
- Commitment to and alignment with the School's mission and vision