Title: Third Grade Classroom Teacher
Reports to: Directors of the Elementary Center and Middle School
FLSA Status: Exempt
When Needed: 2017 – 18 Academic Year
“I’ve never felt so empowered.”
Are you a dynamic, highly motivated professional that embraces innovation and longs to be part of a school that encourages thoughtful risk-taking, is open to new approaches, and is committed to your professional development?
If so, we have the perfect role for you!
We are seeking a talented, compassionate, and dynamic Third Grade Teacher committed to our mission of developing responsible citizens of a global society. This represents a remarkable opportunity! We’re looking for someone who can work effectively independently as well as part of a team. We need a leader who understands best practices in teaching third grade, and who is passionate about teaching to Elementary School students. If that sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you! You will support students, parents, and other community members in realizing our Guiding Principles and will abide by our Framework for Professional Standards.
Who We Are
- Preschool – Eighth Grade
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Robust Benefits Package
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Extraordinary Work Environment
St. Thomas School, one of the oldest independent schools on the east side of Lake Washington, is defined by a cognitively rigorous program with an emphasis on developing character, leadership, and a passion for learning and achievement. STS is a recognized leader in developing the whole student. Our core values include gratitude, responsibility, respect, courage, integrity, tolerance, compassion, perseverance, and generosity. STS serves over 300 students and boasts a 55,000 sq. ft. LEED Gold certified campus.
Under minimal supervision, provides an optimal classroom learning environment for Third Grade students, and supports students, parents, and other community members in realizing our Guiding Principles. Abides by our Framework for Professional Standards.
- Provides for, and ensures that faculty provides for, the effective education of students (character education, community service, leadership, counseling, decision making)
- Establishes an effective, engaging culture and physical environment for learning
- Stays abreast of current educational research and best practices in order to develop and implement curriculum and unit plans consistent with identified learning objectives
- Selects and uses a variety of instructional methods consistent with the skills and abilities of the students to achieve the desired learning outcomes
- Integrates subject matter area(s) with other disciplines
- Assesses student progress using a variety of evaluation strategies and provides timely feedback to students and parents concerning student progress
- Reflects and adjusts teaching practices based on self- and peer observation and the accurate assessment of student work
- Creates an environment of respect and rapport in the classroom and other school settings
- Vigorously engages in his/her own professional development
- Observes laws and the school’s policies, procedures and regulations which have application to and implication for the professional’s responsibilities
- Since safety and security are everyone’s responsibility, takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, faculty, staff, equipment, materials and facilities
- Performs other duties as assigned