Brownell Talbot College Preparatory School is a safe, caring community dedicated to academic excellence and to preparing students for success in college and in life. Through experiences in academics, activities, and the arts, students learn passionately, think critically, act responsibly, and lead with integrity.
We value integrity, self-discipline, and each person's inherent dignity. Our community challenges each student to endlessly strive to reach his or her potential through exploration, understanding, and development of the creative, intellectual, physical, spiritual, and social self. Through an appreciation of the United States and its role in the global community, students will become responsible leaders and stewards of their community, country, and world.
Brownell Talbot School, founded in 1863, is a Nebraska state-approved preschool through grade 12 school. We are a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) and the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS) and are accredited by the AdvanacED. Brownell Talbot is an exciting environment for professionals who like to be part of a supportive team of dedicated individuals who thrive on the challenges and rewards of working with an active community.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
The Preschool Teacher:
- Teaches children ages 3-4 in a play-based, emergent curriculum based on the Project Approach and grounded in intentional, integrated and researched based teaching.
- Creates and maintains a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety standards.
- Plans and maintains daily schedule and routine.
- Works with the Assistant Head of Academics, Director of Early Childhood, and early childhood faculty to ensure optimum learning for each student and cultivate a kind, welcoming, and vital classroom community.
- Works with the Assistant Head of Academics, Director of Early Childhood, and early childhood faculty to execute, evaluate, and revise curriculum and corresponding student assessment tools for a play-based, collaborative, and emergent preschool program based on Brownell Talbot’s principles teaching model.
- Works with the Assistant Head of Academics, Director of Early Childhood, and early childhood faculty to articulate the preschool program within the Lower School and on the continuum of grades at Brownell Talbot in support of the whole school community.
- Demonstrates skilled and timely oral and written communication with parents, children, co-workers, and supervisor.
- Articulates a personal working early childhood education philosophy in alignment with Brownell Talbot’s mission, principles, and teaching model.
- Demonstrates ability to learn and teach in response to individual children's needs and developmentally appropriate best practices.
- Works with the Head of School, Assistant Head of Academics, Director of Early Childhood,and faculty to communicate, support, and model Brownell Talbot’s mission, core beliefs, and principles.
- Establishes work patterns and relationships within Brownell Talbot that are sustainable, productive, mutually respectful, and supportive, in service to children and families.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Certification at the early childhood level and a degree in Early Childhood Education or related field - master's degree preferred
- Three to five years lead preschool teaching experience
- Preschool teaching experience in at least one of the following settings preferred: Project Approach, Reggio Emilia inspired, and/or nature-based preschool program
- Experience with one or more of the following is desired: art, music, movement, nature studies, science, tinkering, mindfulness/yoga
Application process: Interested candidates are invited to visit www.brownell.edu/careers to obtain an application. Please submit the completed application, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.